1/4 cup vegetable oil 1/4 cup all-purpose flour 1 1/2 cups chopped onions 3 cloves chopped garlic 1 tabespoon Roasted Garlic & Red Bell Pepper Zip 1 large green pepper, chopped 1/2 cup chopped celery 3/4 cup sliced green onions 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with chilies 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste 1 1/2 teaspoons Veggie Salt 2 bay leaves 2 cups Golden Broth (4 tsp broth seasoning per 1 cup water) 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce or Tony Chechere’s Creole seasoning 1 tablespoon lemon juice 2 teaspoons vegetarian Worcestershire sauce (non vegetarian may have anchovies) 1 1/2 pounds Morning Star sausage links sliced 1 can Chick peas Roughly mashed 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley leaves
- Combine oil and flour in a Dutch oven; cook over medium heat, stirring, until mixture is golden colored about 10 to 15 minutes
- Add onion, garlic, green pepper, celery and green onions
- Cook, stirring often, 10 minutes or more until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, Roasted Garlic Red Bell pepper Zip, seasoning salt, bay leaves, 1 cup of golden broth, hot sauce or Tony’s, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and MS sausage and chick peas
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat and cover. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the bay leaves. Garnish with parsley and serve over grits or rice. ___________
- Add tomatoes, agave nectar and cook another minute
- Remove from pan and mix with noodles
- Put into a large serving bowl. Season with salt and pepper as you desire. Sprinkle with Parma Zaan Sprinkles. Garnish with basil sprigs. __________
1/3 cup olive oil 1/3 cups soy sauce or Braggs Aminos 1/3 cup lemon or lime juice 1 Tbs. Lemony Dill Seasoning 1 lb. firm tofu
- Cut tofu into 8 1 x 1 x 4 slices.
- Place tofu sticks in the marinade and let rest 2 hours or overnight
- To grill place tofu sticks in a George Foreman or other grill. Grill tofu on all four sides (you can grill two sides at a time with the foreman then turn and do the other two sides) till golden (about 5-7 minutes)
- Eat and serve as a finger food or over brown rice with a sauce. Or cab be served for breakfast with grits! ___________
- Drain water from tofu and press with paper towel to remove remaining moisture. Then slice Tofu into 1/2 inch slices
- Lay on plate or cutting board. Sprinkle with Pepper-like and Golden Broth seasonings till covered. Turn over and repeat
- Lay in hot oiled skillet, cut the heat to medium and sear and brown on both sides. Cook 3-5 minutes on each side. Enjoy in a sandwich or as a breakfast protein. ___________
1 1/2 c. brown Basmati rice 1/2 c. wild rice 1 3/4 Tbsp. Beef Like Seasoning 4 green onions minced 2 Tbsp. olive oil 5 c. water optional 1-2 c. Morning Star Farms Griller Crumbles green pepper, optional cut to the size you like, add with onion
- Saute the green onion in the oil or use rice cooker (see rice cooker option below)
- Add rice, water, Crumbles and Beef Like Seasoning. The measurements are the same as the rice cooker option.
Rice Cooker Option:
- Saute' green onions and mushrooms with rice cooker turned on high. When soft, add remaining ingredients
- Be sure the rice cooker is still on the "cook" setting and put the lid on. It will switch to warm setting when done.
Nutrition (per serving); 182.9 calories; 20% calories from fat; 4.2g total fat; 0.0mg cholesterol; 414.9mg sodium; 168.2mg potassium; 29.6g carbohydrates; 2.6g fiber; 1.2g sugar; 5.9g protein
Malaysian Chikky Curry
3 cloves of garlic, minced 1 onion finely diced 3 Tbs. oil 1 can Worthington Diced Chicken in gravy (vegetarian) 1 tbsp. chili powder 2 tbsp. curry powder 1 tbsp. paprika 1 tsp. cumin 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped or a can of diced tomatoes undrained 1/2 cup chopped, dried cilantro 1 bay leaf 3 potatoes, boiled, peeled and cut into chunks 1 can coconut milk Add Veggie Salt and Pepper- Like to taste
- Saute garlic and onion in large pot with oil
- When cooked, add chicken and seasonings
- Stir in potatoes, coconut milk and salt and pepper. Cook until cocounut base thickens
4 C. broken whole grain bread pieces 1 c. pecan meal 1/2 c. onion, chopped 1 t. sage 1 1/2 t. Greek Isle Seasoning 1 T. Nutritional yeast 1/2 T. flour, whole wheat pastry flour, soy, unbleached 2 c. unsweetened soy milk All-Purpose Veggie Salt to taste
- Pour milk over the bread and soak for 10 minutes
- Mix all the remaining ingredients together
- Stir and scoop and put on a cookie sheet. Then bake at 350 for 25-30 min.